Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday: Friendship


“Friends broaden our horizons. They serve as new models with whom we can identify. They allow us to be ourselves--and accept us that way. They enhance our self-esteem because they think we're okay, because we matter to them. And because they matter to us-for various reasons, at various levels of intensity-they enrich the quality of our emotional life.”

—Judith Viorst (b. 1931), novelist, U.S. newspaper columnist

“Friendship improves happiness and abates misery,
by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.”

—Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 B.C.), Roman statesman, orator, philosopher


(I made these last week, but I could not share them yet because they had not gone out in the mail and I wanted them to be a surprise in people's mail boxes.)

I am having a party at my home in a few weeks with some family.... it's a Girls Night Out of sorts. I thought it would be fun to get together and just hang out and play some games and enjoy some yummy treats together. When I saw these cards on Jeanne's blog that she saw on this blog, I HAD to try them out! Talk about easy schmeasy!!! I went to bed after checking out her cards and literally dreamt about the colors and what I wanted to "tie on" the knots. I knew I had to get some invitations out to the girls a.s.a.p. and these would be perfect invites.

The technique is called Partial Embossing with a Cuttlebug folder. It's super easy to do:

1.) Click here to read the tutorial so I don't have to re type it in my own words and take and edit photographs when Adela has already done such a nice job for us :)

After picking Mom up at the airport we ran a few errands, mainly finding the right ribbon and flowers @ Robert's Crafts and then rushed home, gobbled down some dinner, showed Mom the progress on the house remodel and then scurried down to the studio to get workin on the invitations - assembly line style. We finished them up the next day and I addressed them and popped them in the mail. Sixteen elegant and simple invites were done in a flash!



6 comments:

Jeanne said...

You already know how much I like these...but I'll say it again...they look smashing dahling, simply smashing!

kc_froglady said...

these are fabulous! I love the simplicity but the elegant look they achieve!

Chelle! said...

WOW!! Those are so beautiful and elegant!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sincerely,Sonja said...

Erin, your cards are so classy! And I guess I needed simple tonight.LOL Thanks for posting---- I made my own version tonight. All thanks to you, or I might not have gotten anything done,LOL. Thanks blogging Friend!!

Sincerely,
Sonja

Syme Family News said...

I really like these Erin, and I rarely have an opinion. Hope you are good.

Sue C said...

These are so, so pretty! I don't know why I didn't leave a comment last time I was here...!