Friday, October 24, 2008

Five Minute Cards


I am quickly becoming a fan of "semi homemade" cards!

My Grandma loves to send cards and so Mom and I made a zillion cards for my grandma when she was here and we needed some "quickies". I made these with DCWV's preprinted notecards... a quick stamp and a few embellishments later and we have fun five minute cards! When you're in a hurry for a hello or a thank you, this is the way to go.


Materials Used:
DCWV preprinted notecards
Stamps: For Every Occasion - CTMH
Inks: Versamark, Chocolate - CTMH
Fine Detail Embossing powder - CTMH
Threading Water border punch - Fiskars
Misc glue, ribbons, embellishments and additional papers

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

Nichole W. said...

Why do you call them SEMI homemade? I think if you don't purchase the card at a store, it is totally homemade. I've been thinking I've been making authentic homemade cards all along! They are cute!

Sue C said...

Hey, kiddo - too cute! FAB idea! Also wanted to tell you I LOVE your new banner - it's gojus!!!

mE said...

Thank you thank you.. nothing fabulously original.. but fun.

Nichole - I call them Semi homemade because the card comes pre printed and all I have to do is slap some bonus stuff on the front with a sentiment... lol :) (Meaning I don't have to cut and stamp card bases or layer a full cardstock card front.)

:) E.

mE said...

Sue - thanks! The banner is also semi homemade this time... I bought a blog kit from a digi shop and then added extra stuff to it to make it more me. :)