Here's my note card organizer & a "tutorial". I made this very quickly this morning and part of last evening with some leftover paper from a CTMH Level 2 Kit: Just Chillin a 1" Owire from BIA and some pieces of leftover mat board.
(Click on any photo for a larger view.)
Based on my example, you will need:
* 4 pieces 12x12 cardstock
* 5-6 pieces of 12x12 patterned paper
* 1 - 12" length of 1" dia. OWire from Zutter (You will use 6.5".)
* 2 pieces of 6 1/4" x 8 3/4" Chipboard or Matboard
* Miscellaneous ribbons, embellishements and extra CS to decorate the cover and/or insides.
Step 1 - Score at 3 1/4" Step 2 -Score at 6" Step 3 - Cut off 1/4"
Repeat this on each of your 4 pieces of cardstock and then:
Step 4 - Cut 4 - 3 1/2x12" strips of pattern paper to coordinate with your cardstock. - Adhere to the front of the folded up flap as shown in the picture and fold excess over the top. This gives the edge a cleaner look and decreases the likelyhood of you snagging the paper when removing or adding cards to the pocket.
Step 5 Cover your chipboard or matboard pieces with patterned paper and decorate as you see fit. I wrapped my covers and added a bookplate type covering on the insides. You can see this in the left photo. This photo also shows the finished measurements of the covers and pocket pages.
Step 6 - We're ready to punch some holes!
- Set up your Bind It All - make sure the extension arm is pulled out.
- Set your paper stop guide to C for the cover.
Align the cover in the BIA and press handle, flip the cover over and do the other side.
- Set your paper stop guide to D for the inner pages.
- Align the inner pages in the BIA and press handle, flip over and do the other side. DO NOT PUNCH THE FOLDED SIDE!
Step 7 - Bind your book!
- Select the Owire that matches your book and snip off the appropriate length. For my book, I used 6 rings on each length (6 holes).
- Face your covers to each other and load on the OWire.
- Set your dial on the BIA machine to 1" and place the wires and book in the machine and press
the handle. Be gentle, don't smash the wires.
VOILA!! Tie some ribbon on those wires, load it up with the cards you've made and you're done!
(thank you for the idea - Lisa S @ Splendiforous Creations!)
**I am working on the tutorial in PDF form and should have it in a couple of days. Please email me at email@example.com and put "BIA Card Organizer Instructions, Please" in the subject line." **