Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Marchin' In To 2009!

I spent yesterday working on some 6 x 6" calendar pages for a swap. I haven't swapped in ages and ages and Karyn talked me into this one with her Yahoo Group.... so I signed up for the March spot (since March is my bday month, tee hee).

Materials Used:
CTMH Cardstock (Pink Carnation or Bubble Gum, Blush, Garden Green, Desert Sand, White Daisy)
SU Designer Paper (not sure what the pack is, it's from last catalog)
CTMH Chocolate ink
CTMH Stamps - Sept SOTM "Treasure Life" & "Decorative Dainties"
Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch
American Crafts Foam Squares
Nestabilities Large Circle and Scalloped Circle
Stampendous Clear Detail Embossing Powder

I mapped out the card to see where I wanted everything to go and then I stamped the Decorative Dainties in Versamark, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and then heated it with a heat gun and added all the elements. The top 1/2" is left open for binding purposes. I believe that the swap hostess is going to bind the top edges with the cover pages for those who want this to be a flip style calendar. I think I am going to put mine in a mini album... not sure yet.



I really like how the embossed flowers look like a "grunge brush" that we use in digital stamping... kind of peeking out from behind everything. It adds a nice bit of bling without being overwhelming.

Inky Smiles!

PS - can anyone tell me where I can pick up BULK clear detail embossing powder? Those little jars I have from CTMH and Stampendous are getting used up very quickly!!! Please help me with my clear detail ep addiction! (pretty please.... with sugar on top)

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love what you have created and that bit of dimension with the clear embossing powder is perfect!

If you find out out to get that clear detail embossing powder in bulk, let me know because I'd sure like to get my hands on some, too!

Great work, my friend!

kc_froglady said...

WooHoo I am so glad I am getting one of these :) Oh yeah I was to include Neener Neener Neener ...he he.

I love it Erin you did a wonderful job.

Lesley said...

Hey Erin,

I'll be getting one of these too! I'm in Karyn's calendar swap. I'm doing July, which is my birth month! Maybe lots of us had the same idea. Great page and can't wait to see it in person.

Amaryllis said...

DOOD!!!i will post mine soon!
LOL
love it!

Carrie said...

I have a large jar and it has the Ranger brand on it if that helps any.

Carrie, CTMH