Wednesday, March 12, 2008

EWE... a Pop Up Tutorial

That's Ewe as in Ewe, not "ewwwww"... LOL! :P

Here's my most recent contribution as guest designer for Sweet n Sassy Stamps.... This is a fun pop up card that I made using Sweet n' Sassy's "Adoption Day" & "Funny Farm" stamp sets. I love these little sheep! If I had some "puffy stuff" to paint on them, they'd be even more darling! Every family has an "oddball" in their family or has welcomed a new person such as an "in law" to their family, or just has someone they appreciate in their family. I thought I'd try being punny with some foam Thickers from American Crafts and the darling sheep from SnS.


Materials list:
Adoption Day *& Funny Farm Stamps -Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Patterned paper & Foam Thickers- American Crafts
White & Chocolate brown CS, Ink, Pewter Photo Hanger, & Twill Ribbon - CTMH
Watercolor pencils - SU & CTMH
Blender Pen - CTMH
Stickles - Ranger
Circle Nesting Dies - Quickutz
ATG Gun & Martha Stewart Glitter Glue (for ribbon)


I've also never done a pop out card before and thought I would try my hand at that, too. After several sheets of cardstock "oops' " I finally got it right. LOL! (Hint: If you're new to pop out cards, practice cutting out the pop up part on scrap paper until you get it how you want it.) Pictured here is template for cutting the pop out part of the card & a side view. For my card, I popped out patterned cardstock that I cut 1/4" smaller than the white cardstock base. (Click on the photos for a larger view.)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, Erin! Gotta love 'em pop ups! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! Love the colours you used also ;)