Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best Friends – Digi LO

We are snowed in here in Utah today.  I still feel a little under the weather and ooogy, but I am going to try to make it up to work today after the weather stops dumping slippery stuff on the highway.  I’ve been listening to the news today and there are literally hundreds of accidents up and down I-15. ARgh.

I decided to make some good use of my time and tried a project that isn’t really working out so great and also played around with my digi supplies and created a digi layout.

I love this photo of me and my sweet Sadie.   My friend, Lisa, took this photo of me and my girl up Payson Canyon at Camp Maple Dell (scout camp) this fall. 

IMG_5357web
I also love this photo…

 IMG_5358web 
Look at that tongue lopping out.  Isn’t she the cutest thing? It looks like she’s grinning and smiling.  I just love her.  She’s like velvet. 

Excuse me while I go get my puppy fix and snuggle her for a minute.

Here’s the layout I created this morning. 

Sadie&ErinOrangeweb

I think I might rework it a little and do more tweaking.  I was mostly just playing around this morning with this.  Love, love, love all the colors but I am not sure I like how cluttered it feels.  Oh and I need to work on doing corners with the pinking sheared paper behind the photo. (That was not a template original.. just me playing around and learning a new skill.)

The base layout is a template. For the life of me I can not remember who it is from or where it is on my computer.  I know Jeanne will know cuz it was on her site that I first saw the template.  Originally there was a butterfly to the top left of the photo area.  I deleted it on my layout.   I added all the papers and textures to the clipping masks on the template and added a big bracket at the back of the pile of goodies under the photo.

Digi Credits:
I am not sure where the big bright orange distressed background paper or the brown bag paper came from.  I am such a terrible credit giver with digi scrapping.  Honestly, it’s kind of a pain to keep track of everything and keep a running list going as I am always changing my mind as I go along, too.

Here’s the paper pack (Vintage Dreams by Lori Barnhurst and Michelle Coleman of Little Dreamer Designs) I used for most of the papers and the embellishments I used to create centers for the small flowers.  

LDD_VintageDreams-RetroPP LDD_VintageDreams-RetroEL

~Inky Smiles!

7 comments:

Nichole W. said...

I love it and think it looks perfect! Such a cute picture and page! Someday I will learn...

Sarah said...

I think it is awesome, not too cluttered at all. LOVE the photo.

Kathi Carlson said...

I LOVE this layout, Erin! The colors, every element complements the photo - beautiful!

CreativeMish said...

Great digi layout. I don't think it looks cluttered at all! Love the photo's!

Amaryllis said...

Love it E!!

Jeanne said...

I had to look it up, but it's a template from Sweet Shoppe Designs. By Aggie Aviso. A Cookie Decorating template from 2008 and most likely no longer available.

There! With that out of the way, FANTASTIC layout, Erin! I love the colors and yes, the pinked edges. Doesn't look too cluttered to me. You done good!

Stacey said...

I LOVE this layout!!
The pics are TOO cute....looks like Miss Sadie is just soakin' up the loves!! AND I LOVE the colors!!!