Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween, Mr Mummy!

I am generallly soooo not into Halloween (this year I'm ok with the cutsie, silly stuff), but I saw this idea on a Bind It All group I belong to and had to copy it... she copied it from a post she saw on twopeasinabucket.com, too. LOL! Anyway... I finally sat down and decompressed a little bit with some crafting tonight before a meeting I had at my house for church stuff. (Big huge change coming in my life... details a little later, maybe tomorrow.)

This cute little guy is a 4x4" chipboard and cardstock book. I handcut 4" chipboard covers (my Bind It All covers are not here yet) and painted them with black paint, then covered with black cs (inside of covers) and white textured cs, torn and inked in black for the outside covers.



The eyes are just circles punched from cs. The "boo!" letters on the front are the coolest new thing... VELVET Thickers from American Crafts... I just picked them up on Friday from the American Crafts warehouse... SWEET STUFF!




The inside base pages are cardstock that I cut 3 7/8" square and then created pages on them with various cardstocks and embellishments. Mini books are so much fun and relatively fast to make once you decide on the paper combos.









Materials used:

Bind It All Machine - Zutter
5/8" Black Owire - Zutter
Chipboard - Graphix
White textured CS - Archiver's brand
Green, Purple & Black CS - CTMH
Misc patterned papers - CTMH "Happy Halloween" (retired) & American Crafts
Misc ribbons -American Crafts, CTMH, generic brand

White Galaxy Marker, Black Marker - American Crafts
Misc embellishments - CTMH
Click on photos for larger view.

9 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Adorable! Love the book...can you share your BIA group? Thanks & Hugs,

Tracy in Michigan said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! So very creative - I love it!! TFS!!
Tracy in Michigan

Sue C said...

Erin ~

I'm LOVING this! The torn and inked paper is a stroke of genius!

~ Sue

scrappernic said...

LOVE IT!! That book is FABULOUS! Too fun :) I keep trying to convince myself I don't NEED a BIA, but projects like yours are killing me. Maybe for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I love this too. Wow, I could make the kids personalized notebooks for school! I don't know what these cost but I know they are out of my range right now because the budget is too tight already! TFS your cute artwork.

Pepper said...

OMG I freakin' love this!!!! I scraplifting it :) And now, I don't just WANT a bind it machine - I NEED ONE :) TFS!!!

Jeanne said...

This is ADORABLE Erin!!

Thanks for sharing!

Stampin n da Hood said...

Too stankin cute!

Anonymous said...

It's gonna get scraplifted again! But, I don't have my BIA here in Texas, so I might have to use a different binding. I've got some "google" just perfect for the cover.