Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Experiment

Nina Perrin has tagged me for this experiment which was originally started by Mary Demuth (http://www.relevantblog.blogspot.com/). "It's an experiment to see how many degrees we can separate (kind of like Kevin Bacon, only it's relevantblog). How many people can one blog potentially reach?"

What we do is list out 10, 20 and 30 years ago and what we were doing at that time. Then you "tag" some other bloggers and go back and comment on Relevant Blog and let her know. Also, let me know if you've spread the Experiment. I'd love to see how far this goes. Would this be considered "chain tagging"? LOL!

10 years ago:
1997 - I was 23 years old. I had lived in Utah for 3 years and was still somewhat recovering from the culture shock I experienced moving from Berlin, Germany to Utah. It wasn't the religious culture, but the AMERICAN culture... I'd been in Germany for over 8 years... Anyway... 10 years ago I was working for a college as an Academic Advisor & Office Manager for two departments. I had just dumped my boyfriend who was a total jerk (and found out that he'd married someone else within 3 months... hrmmm... a little lovey dovey on the side, I think). I was living with roommates in a small-ish apartment wondering what I was going to do with the "rest of my life". I was driving a cute little VW Golf GTI because my cute little VW Superbeetle had been smashed by someone who didn't see a bright white vehicle in front of them. I had discovered the internet a couple years before and was having a blast learning to make webpages and chatting it up on mIRC. Dad retired from the Army as a Warrant Officer.

20 years ago:
1987 - I was 13 years old. We had just moved to Augsburg, Germany from Ft Benning, GA in the late fall of 2006 and were living in military housing on base. I was learning about Germany and already loving it. I was in the 7th grade.. lol.. I played french horn in the band until it broke, then switched to trumpet and was in honors classes at school. I was best friends with Aaron Freeman and Carrie Gnas. We skipped school together and went to Aaron's house to watch Aliens.. LOL! I had a crush on Aaron, he had a crush on Carrie... I was mad. LOL! I was a gangly kid trying to find style... I had wild hairdo's and "colorful" makeup. I also put a second hold in my ears that year. ( Eventually I worked up to 3 in the left ear and 4 in the right ear... but now I'm back to one each.) I had 6 hamsters for pets which turned into about 20 ish hamsters a few weeks later. We had a sex ed lesson on hamsters that year. LOL! Ralph Macchio & Bon Jovi rocked my world!!

30 years ago:
1977 - I was 3 years old. We were living in Honolulu, Hawaii at Tripler Army Base. I remember bits and pieces of Hawaii. We lived there until I was almost 6. I remember swimming in Hanama Bay and feeding the fish frozen veggies from a bag. (You can't do that anymore.) and wading out into the ocean for what seemed like miles in waist deep (3 yr old waist) water. I learned how to swim in Hawaii. At first I hated the water and refused to get in, so mom just picked me up and tossed me in at my instructor... the rest is history. I am a FISH. My brother, Nathan, was just a few months old. Mom has all sorts of embarrassing stories of me during this time frame, but I will spare you the details. LOL!

I am tagging:
Alisha Trussell - www.paperprozac.blogspot.com
Susan Hankins - www.theresnogettingaroundit.blogspot.com
Stacey - www.thequeenscreations.blogspot.com
Wendy Vecchi - www.studio490art.blogspot.com
Jeanne Tomshak - www.tomshack.blogspot.com
Tracy Mason - www.tmasonstudio.blogspot.com
Tresa Black - www.fabulouslyartsy.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Mary DeMuth said...

Thanks for being a part of this! I experienced culture shock after being in France over two years. I can't imagine after 8 years in Europe!