Sunday, February 20, 2011

Faith, Family, Friends

{scheduled post}

The world of crafting has connected many hearts and built many friendships.  I have been lucky to have made many friends in my creative journey via the internet and have even met many in person.  One friend who I have not yet met in person but would love to someday is Michelle Durheim of Creative Treasures.  She is so incredibly talented and I have spent many hours drooling over her creations on her blog.  One day while I was drooling over some creations I noticed that she had a painting at the very bottom of her blog… a gorgeous primitive angel painting.  So I messaged her and long story short… one day she posted that she was working on another painting and if I wanted it she’d sell it.  REALLY???  YES, YES, YES!  {cuz while I may have some creative bones, I don’t have a painting-that-needs-to-look-like-something bone in my body….} 

So one day a surprise arrived in the mail.  I squealed with joy. {really… and Brent did roll his eyes at me} and we opened it up and I convinced ,made, begged Brent to hang it for me.  It’s hanging in my front room above my red hutch which holds an assortment of framed family photos. {We’ve since moved the ipod dock and taken down the fall decorations.. lol}  This lovely scene is painted on an old cabinet door and I just love it.  I have wanted to share this for a while now and finally found the photos hidden in my crazy huge stash of digital photos.

IMG_1064web

 IMG_1065web

So hard to take photos in the house…. 

IMG_1119web

I am particularly fond of primitives, salt box houses, colonial themed goodies and this just makes me smile every time I look at it.  The full photos do not do it the justice it deserves.  Here are some close ups of the fabulous detail.

IMG_1120web

IMG_1123web

IMG_1126web

Thank you Michelle! I am glad to have one of your Creative Treasures and delighted to count you as a friend!

Inky Smiles!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

How neat, Erin! It's a lovely painting and a definite treasure! Thanks for sharing!

CreativeMish said...

You're so welcome. I painted a few items at Christmas and I've been itching to get the brushes out and paint a few Spring items. You picked a great spot to hang it. Someday we will meet. Boise isn't that far from you. :)