Tuesday, October 29, 2019

New Beginnings - Do Over

This was originally posted in mid September 2019 but somewhere, somehow Blogger (or me) deleted the original post. UGH! Just putting this back up for posterity's sake... ;)


I know it has been an eternity since I last wrote anything on this blog.  It's been a crazy couple of years.  I took a needed break after we lost our Sadie.  I stopped creating and stopped writing.  It was a hard time. I don't even know where to start back up again but I feel the draw to blog again... I don't want to skim over important things, but at the same time I don't want to take forever catching up.  So much has happened (job changes, health changes, life changes), too much to write about, but our two biggest and most important happenings this season of our lives have been:

We lost our Sadie dog in January of 2017 to bone cancer.  She gave us 18 months after her 3 month diagnosis.  We miss her terribly.  She was the most wonderful puppy and we are so glad that she was part of our life for nearly 16 wonderful years.  I will write more about her here and there as I go forward.



In September 2017 we brought home a new love, Eloise Maizey (Ellie Mae).  She came from Houston, TX after hurricane Harvey and has been a light and joy in our lives. She has truly helped our hearts heal and our adventures with Ellie have been wonderful.  you will see a lot of her around these parts.  She is my constant companion, my little shadow, my foodie photo photobomber, lap hogger and snuggle bug.


So join me on this adventure and let's see where it takes us.  I feel the draw to blog about life, creativity, foodie stuff, etc.

Xo,

No comments: