Sunday, November 11, 2007

Another {REVEAL} card from my swap group...

Ok, Terri!!! This one's for you darlin!!!!

There's nothing like playing with someone's original creation and letting your imagination run wild! Terri made this random stamped paper for our original swap and my job was to make it into my own card design. Click on the photo to view larger.


This card was soooo super fun to make! This color combo was a challenge for me because it's totally out of my normal "crafting box". The butterfly was my starting point. I had been playing with that stamp set (Spring Possibilities - CTMH) trying to make some "card candy" when the card candy thing exploded... anyway... I made the butterfly by inking up the large butterfly in Crystal Blue ink (CTMH) and stamped it on white CS. I let it dry for a good while and them went back with Liquid Glass and glued all the tiny glass seed beads in place. It needed more "umpfh" so I followed up with more LG (which btw, is my all time fav embellishment, followed closely by GLITTER) and filled in the spaces, and then added Prisma Glitter (CTMH). I let the LG dry over night and trimmed it out the next day and then popped it in the freezer for 2 mins, quickly pulled it out and snapped the LG to make cracked glass. I attached antennae with gold wire and added little gold seed beads on the ends. I LOVE how it turned out!

Other supplies:
Fiskars craft scissors (scalloped)
Ribbon - Offray
Papers, Inks - CTMH
Pearlescent Chalks - Pebbles, Inc.
Spring Possibilities Stamp Set - CTMH
Celebrate BOoking Stamp Set - CTMH
Sandpaper

6 comments:

Sincerely,Sonja said...

IT IS a gorgeous card ERIN!! I was thinking that you are having a lot of fun with that Liquid Glass!! I finally got my flower pens done!! I am going to be making alot more for gifts. They're so much fun and such a pretty display!

Sincerely,
Sonja

sincerelysonja.blogspot.com

scrappernic said...

Gorgeous card! I love the butterfly!! What a neat swap. It's been so fun seeing the cards you girls have been making from the RS paper.

Anonymous said...

That is some amazing work you didwith the RS paper. Awesome!!!!

Stampin n da Hood said...

FABULOSO!
BRAVO!
O
V
A
T
I
O
N
!!!

Angelartistok said...

Wonderful card. Love the color combination. Pure inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.

Big Hugs,
Ruth
Angelartistok

Paula said...

What a beautiful card! This one really caught my attention. So happy and pretty. I just love it!