Saturday, November 14, 2009

It’s Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas

This year the “holiday” season has really snuck up on me and caught me off guard.  I am soo not ready!   Last night Brent and I went to the Payson Charity Ball/Holiday Ball – it’s a ball that gives Christmas to families in our area who would normally not have a Christmas.   The decorations were absolutely fabulous and festive and really got the wheels turning in my mind to get ready for Christmas!   Brent and I danced our feet off and had a blast!

This morning I woke up to a light blanket of snow on the ground at our house…  It was only about a half inch or so, but still.. it was white and covered everything.  We were supposed to put Christmas lights up on the house, but that didn’t happen because of the snow and the looming black clouds…   Brent and I ran some errands and did some grocery shopping up north of our town today.  I checked out some cool Christmas decorations at Rod Works and some fun Christmas schtuff at WalMart and was really starting to get ready to want to have Christmas up and going at our house.   When we got home this afternoon we had about 2 – 2.5 inches on the driveway and lawn.   Ay yi yi!

Anyway… remember I said in my last post that I met someone cool at the necklace class?  Well….  I was sitting there crocheting my never ending string of wire and picking up beads in the stitches and I told Brent’s aunt that I was totally bummed that I had missed Sue Neal’s (if you’re a Papercrafts reader you will recognize her name and fabulous artwork ‘cuz she’s all over the place in there) card class the month before.  WELL…. Tammy informed me that Sue is a REGULAR teacher for the Roberts stores and that she had another class coming up.  Made a mental note to check out the class bulletin boards and continued crocheting.  About ten minutes later guess who walked into the classroom?  Yup, you guessed it, Sue Neal.  HOW COOL IS THAT?  So we got to chatting and she showed us the poster for her next papercrafting class:

SueNealTagBoxClass

Guess where I will be on December 1st from 6-8 pm? LOL!  I am soooo super excited!  If any of you in the area want to go, shoot me an email and let me know and we can make it a girls night out! :)

~Inky Smiles!

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh fun! I would love to join you but...
Snow, huh? No snow in the frozen tundra. In fact, it's unseasonably warm. It will come, however, and it won't leave until April or maybe even May. Yuck.

Love the jewelry you've made. After the holidays, I really want to try some new things, too. Between you and Jeanne, I'm inspired! Thanks!

CreativeMish said...

I've just recently started making Christmas cards and placed my first Christmas present order on line last week... Susan Neal is very talented. She used to tole paint had published a few books a few years back. I have all of them... Then of course scrapbooking and Card making became the big craze. I guess we can't do it all? huh? We don't have any of those stores in Idaho. Are they kind of like a Michaels or Craft Warehouse?

Sue C said...

Hey, chica! Totally jealous over on this side of the continenet... We never get "celebrities" here, that I'm aware of! Love your beaded beauties, and may have to give them a try - too many other fingers in too many other pies right now, though! Still constructin' and paintin' and sewin' and drawin' and plottin' and plannin' and... No snow here yet, either, but I'm pretty much in agreement with Kathi - late start generally augurs a looooooong season. Ah well, I'll enjoy the relative warmth for now (just wish we hadn't already winterized the Harley and put it away for the season, dagnabbit!) The closest I've gotten to Christmas preparations is to start watching Christmas movies and buy a few more of them - ha!

Stacey said...

SO WISH I could go with!!!
THAT looks like SO MUCH fun!!!
She is SO FULL of amazingly cool and fun ideas!!!!

Jeanne said...

Well how cool is this??? Lucky ducky you! No wonder you thought I was mad at you...all this great news and I was not commenting. I'm glad you fixed up your blog so I can visit again!