Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

So I couldn’t share this yesterday (Monday) because I never know when my sweet husband might be haunting my blog.  And ya know, I really didn’t want him to see this ahead of time. :) He likes surprises and sweet notes.  We had a quiet and sweet Valentine’s Day and attended his brother’s wedding. Next week we hope to do a fun/fancy dinner.

I am mostly ready for CU.. most of my goodies are packed and I am tying up a few loose ends before I go.  I slipped back into my studio the other day to whip this up for Brent.  It’s a simple little card.. standard size with a message that’s “to the point”. :)  I used some plain red cardstock, some patterned paper (I can’t remember who’s it is, haha) a Fiskars scallop border punch, some ColorBox chalk ink, some AC Thickers (glitter – yes!), a few KaiserCraft rhinestones and a  couple of stamps from the There She Goes stamp set “What a Hoot”, and some AC Foam tabs for dimension. OH, and I used my awesome corner chompers by WR Memory Keepers. I love that little chomper!  I freehanded the heart and I am happy it turned out so well on the first go.. usually my hearts are pretty lopsided!

IMG_3340web

IMG_3337web

IMG_3339web

IMG_3336web

Who loves ya baby? I do!

Inky Smiles!

4 comments:

Marieke said...

Gorgeous! I love it! What a cute card.

Jeanne said...

Awwwwww! I'll bet he loved it! It's a great card. How neat that you got the heart right on the first try. You are so talented!!

Hope you have a great time at CU!!

karenastieler said...

Brent is so lucky to have his crafter wife to make that gorgeous card. Belated Happy Valentine's day kid.

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I'm sure he loved it!