Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Copic Christmas

Good morning friends!

I have this friend who’s really super cool.  She teaches fabulous classes and has a spot on our local tv channel.  I try to make it to her classes whenever I can, it’s a fun night of crafting with the girls.   My friend is Sue Neal of My Eye Q.  One of the coolest things about Sue’s classes is that if you can’t make it to her local classes she will mail your kit to you!  Each kit comes with excellent instructions and her follow up emails contain extra goodies for creating more projects.

Here’s a pic of last week’s class.  SoooOoo much fun, and darling gift bags/boxes.

Digital Ad TN

When my mom was here last month we took Sue’s Copic Marker class and created some fabulous Christmas cards.  We learned shading and basic coloring.  I’m hooked on Copic coloring – guess I better start saving for a bigger set of Copic Markers!  I think I even got Mom hooked on coloring.  She ordered a set of markers, too. 

Here are the cards we made in class.  We used Penny Black stamps, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  (It’s the best ink for coloring with Copics.)

IMG_6868web

IMG_6864WEB

 IMG_6869web 

IMG_6877web

This card is my absolute favorite.  I bought the stamp to make more cards for next year, or maybe this year if I get around to it! I love religious themed cards.  Afterall, it IS the reason for the season.

IMG_6873web

IMG_6876web

Hope you’re getting all caught up with your Christmas preparations!  Get our your markers and make some cards!

Inky Smiles!

 

PS.. I also figured out a new photo lighting prop, thanks to Michelle Johns.  I love it! I love how the photos turn out with the reflection and muted background. 

IMG_6865web

Rather than try to tell you how, here is the link to the instructions:

Homemade Photo Lighting Prop

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

She is very talented! I have all of her tolepainting books that she designed quite a few years ago before she got into paper crafting...