Monday, April 18, 2011

Wiiiillllmaaaaa!!!!

A few weeks ago I went to the Gem Faire show/exhibit/bead buying heaven with some friends in the Salt Lake area.  We had a blast perusing and purchasing fun beads and trinkets.  

I went with a small budget (since I have tons from the last gem faire that I haven’t touched yet) and didn’t buy tons, but I DID find some fabulous-out-of-this-world-must-have-them red coral CHUNKY beads. 

IMG_3946w

I’ve wanted to make a Wilma necklace for a while now

Wilma

but hadn’t found the “just right” beads until this trip.  I am in serious love with these red coral beads.  They look like carved stones and are very heavy.  The beads are a lot deeper red and less “pinky” than they appear.  I’ve had a doozy of a time getting color and lighting right lately. :(

IMG_4137web

I strung them onto three strands of tiger wire and capped the ends with an antique silver bead cap and created a chain from silver jump rings.  I wanted to do a special clasp since I have very short hair on my neck and didn’t want a lobster or traditional toggle type clasp.  I had one extra bead left and wrapped it in bead caps and decided to use it for the “toggle” for the clasp. I LOVE how it turned out and it’s become a conversation started. I’ve been stopped a couple of times in stores when people have asked about the clasp. LOL!

IMG_4138web

IMG_4145web


Thanks for popping by!  Inky Smiles!

PS.. I do have some fun paper crafts to share in the near future… I haven’t completely stopped paper crafting… lol!

1 comment:

scrapaddict said...

Very pretty! I love the beaded clasp!