Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back To School - A Gift Set

I have some really awesome friends.

I ordered some SU stuff from a party that my friend Susan Culotti had (on the east coast of the US) a little while ago. When the box arrived, I couldn't wait to rip it open and start playing with my loot. So I got the box opened and to my surprise Susan had included a little surprise...

A TREASURE BOX!

So I unsnapped the flap, and slid out the tray in the little box....

It was filled with miniature TREASURES! (I am a sucker for miniature things, not to mention the colors... FABULOUS and FUN and will look so cute in my new studio!)



I IMMEDIATELY emailed Susan to thank her and asked her where she found all these little treasures and here's what she said:
"I bought a bunch of the dewdrops (Halloween, Cowboy, Poinsettia, Flame, etc.), so I had plenty to share, ya know? Figured a "sampler" was the best way to go - if you trip over a favorite, let me know what color it is, and I'll tell you which jar it came out of! The tiny clipboard is from AC Moore in the unfinished wood dept (it had a chain, so I'm guessing they were thinking keychain or something - I took the chain off), I made the little Post It holder out of chopped-down coasters. The cupcake Post Its, the wooden cupcake, the pencil holder and the pencils are all finds from JoAnn. When I saw them, my "cute counter" (as opposed to "geiger") went off the charts, so I knew you needed them! I think that's it! "

THANK YOU SUSAN! :)

So here's my challenge to you all.... over the next week, think of someone who needs a little cheer in their life and do something special. Send a card, bake some cupcakes, tend a couple of kids, wash a floor, give a hug.... make someone's day.

Inky Smiles!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a great surprise! So cute and colorful. You are one lucky ducky!
Ü

fwoom said...

hey Erin. Good to hear from you -- a blast from the past.

Hope you're well.

kc_froglady said...

ready to laugh I read the things to do as send them a kid :) I was thinking hmmm who would that benefit more! ROFL! This is an adorable idea - I love it!

Allison said...

Very cool! How fun! I think I'm going to take you up on your challenge... :) Thanks for the "inspiration" :)

BethW said...

I found some similar boxes on sale at office max for .30 each. I bought several and intend to fill them for surprises. What a cute idea!