Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thoughts For Thursday - Endurance

A couple of thoughts for you today (specifically the bolded parts):

"That that will not kill you, will make you stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.. . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt


I'm feeling a little overwhelmed in my Digi In Deep class, not because the class is too hard (but boy is it fast paced), but mostly because I have not had the (undivided attention) time I need to devote to really focusing on the tasks and really absorbing and learning the techniques we're learning. I know that I really need to just focus and spend some uninterrupted time just focusing on what we are learning and really try applying the techniques to layouts and projects to other than the lesson layout.

I was talking to my sweet friend Jeanne this morning about the class and shared these quotes with her. She liked the last part of Eleanor Roosevelt's quote & pretty much summed up what I feel and couldn't get into "just the right words":

"{It} tells me to keep persevering in this creative journey even though I feel like a fish out of water!"

Is there something in your life that's challenging to you? Can you rethink it and try again? This week, try something new or start something you've been wanting to do but have been nervous about....

As was stated by a particular little train engine..... "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....."

TOOOT! TOOOT!
(that was a train..... I promise!)


PS. Here's a sneek peek for something I'm going to share tomorrow... Just searching for the right final element to put on it.

No comments: